Whats better than warm cinnamon rolls… Cinnamon Roll Monkey bread!! We enjoy this breakfast all year round but it will be a great addition to Christmas morning breakfast too.
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cans 8 count Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls (12.4 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a gallon ziploc bag add in the White Sugar and the Cinnamon.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into half and then each half into thirds. Toss into the ziploc. Every so often close the ziploc and toss the cinnamon rolls to coat them. Continue this process unitl all are cut and coated in cinnamon and sugar. Save the frosting!!
- Add the Cinnamon Sugared cinnamon roll pieces to a greased baking dish. Spread them out evenly. They can be layered a bit and touching. The more layered they are the longer the bake time.
- Melt the 1/2 a stick of butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Add the 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar to the melted butter.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the butter mixture. Stir really well until its all combined.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cinnamon rolls. The butter mixture will want to seperate some so continue to stir as you pour. You can mix the butter mixture into the cinnamon rolls but not necesary.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Again depending on how layered they are this may take more or less time. You should be able to tell when they are done.
- Remove from over. Pour the frosting from the cinnamon rolls on top. I typically remove the lid and heat the frosting up for 5-10 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to pour.
I hope you enjoy this!