There is just something about a fresh strawberry pie that screams sweet summertime to us. It is a pie that just about everyone (kids included) will enjoy! It is sweet and refreshing!
Ok, so of course you can do a premed pie crust however I have found a super easy way to make pie crust that comes out perfect, every time.
All Butter Pie Crust
- Food Processor
- 1/2 Cup Butter If it is salted only do 1/8 of salt
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt Depening on butter
- 2-4 Tbsp Ice Water Legit make ice water (the amount of water depends on elevation and humidity)
- Make a cup of ice water
- Dice up and return butter to fridge until you are ready to use. You want your butter to be COLD
- In food processor add in flour and salt. Pulse once
- Add in butter and pulse until you have coarse crumbs
- Add in 2 tablespoons of water and pulse a few times. If mixture is dry add in 1 more tablespoon. Pulse if mix is still super dry and not foming a ball add in another tablespoon of water. I usually only need 2-3 and a ball will form.
- Turn dough out onto a floured service and roll is out.
- Place in a pie plate. Tuck under any over hang and crimp or press the edges. If you are not using for a blind bake pie then chill until ready to use.
- To Blind bake.... Prick the bottom with a fork a few times. then add a layer of parchment paper. If you are like me and do not have pie weights just add raw sugar or raw rice on top of the parchment paper. This will keep the crust from getting a bubble. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutesl. Remove the weight (sugar, rice, beans) and parchment paper and return back to the oven unitl Golden brown. If the edges are browning before the pie crust is cooked through wrap the edges with tinfoil.Let cool
Once you have the perfectly delicious pie crust done….its time for the filling!
Homemade Strawberry Pie
- 1 Prebaked Pie Crust
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 pkg 3oz pkg strawberry gelatin
- 1+ Pint Hulled and Cut Strawberry If you like it super sweet only do a pint if you like it less sweet load that pie up with all the strawberries. We usually just fill the pie crust 3/4 the way up with strawberries.
- Prebak pie crust and let cool.
- Wash, hull, and cut up strawberries.
- In a sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add water, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk mixture constantly while heating to prevent clumping or scorching until mixture begins to come to a gentle boil.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow the glaze to cool.
- Once glaze has cooled for a few minutes whisk in the strawberry gelatin until combined.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Whisk it occasionally as it cools. It will be thicker but still pourable.
- Add your dry sliced berries to the baked and cooled pie crust.
- Pour strawberry glaze over berries.Making sure to get it in between the nooks & crannies of the berries as best you can.
- Chill pie in the refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving.
- Top with whip cream to serve.
We sure hope you enjoy this fresh homemade strawberry pie as much as us! XOXO
This blog post does contain affiliate links. What does that mean? It means I make a small commission if you make a purchase from the link in this post. You do not pay any extra to use my links. My commission comes from the retail store as a thank you for the referral.
It also means every time someone makes a purchase from my links… I do a happy dance! Thank you for your support and following me!