Well, it is officially Memorial Day Weekend and I am ready for all the food! This year looks a bit different for most of us because of the Coronavirus but that isn’t going to stop us from enjoying all the yummy goodness.
Speaking of yummy goodness lets talk about a wonderful BBQ side dish that my momma created! Now, consider yourself warned if you do in fact take this to a BBQ one time….you will be asked to make it EVERY TIME! Good news, it is so dang easy and you really can’t mess it up!
Cheesy Tator Tot Casserole
- 1 cup Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1/2-1 cup Velveeta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 1 pkg Tator Tots
- 1/2-1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2-1 cup French Fried Onions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375
- In a microwave safe bowl add butter and velveeta cheese. I typically do 1/2 a cup of Velveeta unless I am making a larger batch then I do a full cup. It also depends on how cheesy you want this. You really cant mess this up.
- Then microwave until melted. Do 30 seconds at a time and stir until melted
- Once the butter and Velveeta are melted add in the Broccoli Cheese Soup and stir it all together
- Then add just enough milk to make it a runnier consistency. Soupy if you will.
- Add you Tator Tots to a 13X9 baking dish. You can layer them they do not have to be flat.
- Then pour over the butter and cheese mix. Mix the tator tots up. If you seem to have a lot of butter and cheese just add more tator tots. Then add salt and pepper.
- Once it is all mixed, top with shredded cheese and French fried onions
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes - 1 hr. You want it to be bubbly. If they onions are getting overcooked add tinfoil and continue to bake.
I truly hope you enjoy this cheesy goodness just as much as my family has for years! Show my mom some love for sharing this with you by sharing it on instagram if you make it and tag @tuttlepartyof5!