Day 28!! I woke up feeling good! At this point you think I would be excited about my first meal non Whole30 but I have to say… I don’t see any reason to stop until at least the weekend….We shall see if I change my tune.
My kids love for bacon sure is helping me through Whole30. The amount of bacon I have consumed this round is probably frowned upon but you know what… I’m not mad about it!
I was extremely productive all morning! I was able to tackle a lot of things off my to do list and then some!
Lunch was Grilled Chicken Wings. They always seem to hit the spot. I even make these when I am off Whole30 because they are so good!
Grilled Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings
- pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Clarified Butter
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Turn Grill on
- Toss Chicken Wings in Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. You may need more depending on how many wings.
- After grill has been preheated turn heat to low. The Olive oil and the Skin on the wings can create flare ups.
Place wings on the grill. Try to put them fat side up at first. Grill until almost done.
- While the chicken is cooking. Melt Clarified butter in a microwave safe dish. Once melted add Hot Sauce. I typically add a little salt & pepper to this mixture too.
- Brush the mixture on to one side of the wings. Let grill for a minute or two. Flip wings and brush more sauce on. Grill for another minute or two and then they are done!
Lunch wasn’t super heavy but it was satisfying. I was able to remain focused and productive all afternoon.
Dinner was one of my favorites from this round…. Cast Iron Roasted Chicken. It’s super easy, It doesn’t require a ton of dishes, and its delicious!
Cast Iron Roasted Chicken
- Cast iron pan
- 1 Raw Whole Chicken 2-4 lbs in weight
- 3-4 potatoes chunked
- 6 peeled carrots cut into thirds
- 4 onions cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- Pre- heat oven to 425°F
- Place carrots on bottom of cast iron pan to creat a rack
- Remove insides of chicken
- Rinse chicken inside and out
- Salt cavity of chicken with half of the salt
- Place Chicken on top of the carrots that are on the cast iron
- Tuck the Wing under the body of the chicken
- Tie Chickken legs together with twine
- Place onions and potatoes are the chicken
- Pour olive oil over the chicken
- Add salt and pepper and then rub it in
- Place pant into oven.
- Drop oven temp down to 375°f
- Cook chicken to an internal temp of 165°f-185°f or until juices run clear and there is not sign of pink.
oh just another night of amazing sleep! If the food, the weight loss, the energy doesn’t make you want to do around of Whole30 the sleep should! It really is the best kind of sleep!
Getting so CLOSE!! Lets do this Day 29!
This blog post does contain affiliate links. What does that mean? It means I make a small commission if you make a purchase from the link in this post. You do not pay any extra to use my links. My commission comes from the retail store as a thank you for the referral.
It also means every time someone makes a purchase from my links… I do a happy dance! Thank you for your support and following me!
Please make sure to give me a follow over on Instagram too!