So I just realized that according to the Whole30 “Calendar” that feeling of being over it wasn’t just me…. that’s a common feeling around day 21! So there’s that!
Anyways, I woke up today feeling good. Even with a serious lack of sleep!
I fasted and to be honest will most likely fast the rest of Whole30 unless I wake up hungry. Today I wasn’t hungry so coffee and water was all I had.
I felt good, I felt like I had a ton of energy, I felt focused, and I felt super productive all morning.
Since I fasted all morning I knew I wanted a filling lunch. So I made Sausage and Peppers for lunch. This is quick, easy, and satisfying.
Whole30 Sausage and Peppers Spaghetti
- 1 pkg Chicken Sausage Italian Sausage Whole30 approved if following that
- 1 Red or yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce Whole30 approved if following
- 2 zucchinis
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Cut Up the Chicken Sausage into bite size piececs
- Cut Up the bell pepper into bite size pieces. You could also add in onion!
- Sauté The Sausage and the Peppers in a skillet until desired doneness. You may need to add some olive oil to keep it all from sticking
- While the peppers and onions are cooking spiralize your Zuchinis
- Put your zoodles on a paper towel and season them with salt to draw some of the moisture out of them. Let them rest until the sausage and peppers are done.
- Once the sausage and peppers are done add in the marinara sauce
- In a separate skillet heat up some olive oil
- Add zoodles and sauté until desired doneness
- Once everything is cooked to desired doneness. Plate your zoodles and top with sausage and peppers .
I felt really good all afternoon! I never felt that afternoon slump!
Dinner was Fried Pork Chops ( Coconut Oil, almond flour, paprika, eggs, salt and pepper), Mashed potatoes (made with coconut Milk, potatoes, salt and pepper), gravy (Beef stock, seasonings, arrowroot) And green beans. It was comforting, delicious, and satisfying!
Well it was another night of bad sleep for the little man of the house. So, I maybe got 4 hours of sleep but those 4 hours were glorious!
This blog post does contain affiliate links. What does that mean? It means I make a small commission if you make a purchase from the link in this post. You do not pay any extra to use my links. My commission comes from the retail store as a thank you for the referral.
It also means every time someone makes a purchase from my links… I do a happy dance! Thank you for your support and following me!
Please make sure to give me a follow over on Instagram too!
Leave a Reply