Ok day 14! I woke up feeling good! Feeling energized! Feeling dare I say it…. skinny!
Since my dinner the night before was kind of a bust….breakfast called for the family favorite……Breakfast skillet! It really is so good and filling!
Whole30 Breakfast Skillet
- Potatoes (Cubed)
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cumin (Optional)
- 1 Red Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- Bacon (Chopped up)
- Turn ovenon to 425°
- Then take your cubed potatoes and coat them in Olive Oil and then season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Honestly you can season it with whatever you have in your cupboard.
- Once they are well seasoned. Lightly grease a sheet pain with olive oil and then put your seasoned potatoes on and toss them in the heated oven. Cook time will depend on how cooked or crispy you want your potatoes. They will roughly take 15-20 minutes but just keep an eye on them. You can speed up cook time if you Microwave the potato cubes prior to tossing in olive oil and seasoning.
- While those are in the oven fry up your bacon in the same skillet you plan to cook your eggs.
- In another skillet sauté your peppers and onions in olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Once your bacon is done remove from pan. Depending on how much grease is left you may need to drain some off. Then cook your eggs to desired doneness. Just a tip.... You may want them over easy - over medium because if they are cooked much more than that the end “skillet” is a little on the dry side.
- Once everything is cooked. Put the Potatoes in a bowl, then peppers and onions, then eggs, and then bacon.
I felt really good all morning and super satisfied.
Lunch rolled around and I was just not hungry. I know that’s not the Whole30 way…. but if I’m not hungry I’m not going to eat.
Around 4pm I started to be a little hungry so I grabbed a larabar. I recently picked up the cinnamon roll Larabars and they are so good! I mean as good as dates, walnuts, almonds, raisins, cinnamon, and sea salt can be.
Dinner I knew we were going to a streak house so I grabbed my Homemade Vinegar and Oil dressing and out the door we went. Yes, I took my own dressing but that really is the best option if you are going to have a salad. I also had a New York Strip Steak and a Baked potato with salt and pepper. It was definitely satisfying! I was so hungry and enjoying the company that I didn’t grab a pic but I think you get the idea.
Homemade Oil and Vinegar Dressing
These are rough estimates to help get you started.
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Oil
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Whole30 Compliant Spicy Mustard
- 1/4 tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice to taste
Add it all to a Salad Dressing Bottle.
- Shake well
- Add more of whatever you think it needs.
- Repeats steps 2-4 until you get the taste you want
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
I mean what can I say about sleep other than it is just good! If you have trouble sleeping or wake up not feeling rested, I definitely recommend doing a round of Whole30!
Alright day 15! Lets see what you got!
This blog post does contain affiliate links. What does that mean? It means I make a small commission if you make a purchase from the link in this post. You do not pay any extra to use my links. My commission comes from the retail store as a thank you for the referral.
It also means every time someone makes a purchase from my links… I do a happy dance! Thank you for your support and following me!
Please make sure to give me a follow over on Instagram too!