Well Hello Day 7! I woke up still not feeling great but honestly I think its because my body is fighting off something the kids gave me…..
Finally I made my favorite breakfast skillet! You can grab the recipe below! It’s seriously so good that we even eat it when not following Whole30. Just know that its so dang good and so dang filling!
Whole30 Breakfast Skillet
- Potatoes (Cubed)
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cumin (Optional)
- 1 Red Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- Bacon (Chopped up)
- Turn ovenon to 425°
- Then take your cubed potatoes and coat them in Olive Oil and then season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Honestly you can season it with whatever you have in your cupboard.
- Once they are well seasoned. Lightly grease a sheet pain with olive oil and then put your seasoned potatoes on and toss them in the heated oven. Cook time will depend on how cooked or crispy you want your potatoes. They will roughly take 15-20 minutes but just keep an eye on them. You can speed up cook time if you Microwave the potato cubes prior to tossing in olive oil and seasoning.
- While those are in the oven fry up your bacon in the same skillet you plan to cook your eggs.
- In another skillet sauté your peppers and onions in olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Once your bacon is done remove from pan. Depending on how much grease is left you may need to drain some off. Then cook your eggs to desired doneness. Just a tip.... You may want them over easy - over medium because if they are cooked much more than that the end “skillet” is a little on the dry side.
- Once everything is cooked. Put the Potatoes in a bowl, then peppers and onions, then eggs, and then bacon.
The Breakfast Skillet filled me up to the point that I didn’t need or want anything for lunch. I also knew that we were going to have Super Bowl snacks (Whole30) of course earlier than our typical dinner so I didn’t have lunch….. I know that’s not a perfect Whole30 but if I’m not hungry I am not going to eat.
I honestly felt really good! I even felt super productive! So, there’s that!
Dinner/Super Bowl Snacks
By dinner Super Bowl/ Dinner time I was starting to get a little hungry. I made something similar to this but instead of making skin I just thickly sliced potatoes tossed them in Olive Oil, salt and pepper and backed them until slightly crispy. I then did top them Whole30 approved guacamole from Trader Joe’s, Bacon, green onion, and Whole30 approved Salsa from Trader Joe’s. I also made these Buffalo Chicken Tenders . This all really hit the spot as for as Super Bowl foods go and I was stuffed!
After dinner I did also enjoy an Apple with Almond Butter. I mean it was Super Bowl Sunday….I felt like I deserved a little extra treat! Right?
Well aside from our kids not sleeping well when I actually did get to sleep I slept hard! There was no dreaming, no tossing and turning, just good deep sleeping!
Bring it on Day 8 AKA Week #2!