School is back and so is the crazy schedule of after school activities, homework, and getting everyone to bed at a decent time. If that isn’t enough you have to squeeze dinner in there somehow,someway.
Sure, there is always the option to just pick something up but that can get old and honestly expensive.
I love a good meal that I can prep ahead of time and toss together quickly when we finally sit down to eat.
One of my current go-to recipes that the whole family enjoys are Chicken Fajita Quesadillas. They are simple, good, and can be be made ahead of time.
Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
This meal you can make the filling ahead of time!
- `1-2 Bell peppers of any color
- 1 Large onion
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package tortillas
- Marinate the Chicken Breast in the 2 tbsp of olive oil and all the seasonings for 30 minutes+.
- Grill the Chicken
- Slice or chop veggies anyway you want.
- Sauté the veggies in Olive oil and a little salt and pepper
- Cut up the grilled chicken
- Once veggies are slightly softened toss in the grilled chicken and mix it all up.The filling is complete
- Then put the quesadillas together with the Mozzarella.*I even like to sprinkle just a touch of creole seasoning on before I toss them onto a griddle
- Now add it to a lightly greased skillet and toast until insides are melted and outside Is toasted.
- Top with your favorite toppings....guacamole, sour cream, salsa, or nothing at all!
Here are a few of our other favorite recipes. These might not be the healthiest but they are quick, easy, and kid friendly!
For a healthier option we will just grill some meat, make a veggie, and a baked potato.
Tuttlepartyof5 follower favorites are….
Please make sure to give me a follow over on Instagram and if you make this recipe tag #tuttlepartyof5!