The other day we were at Costco…. I typically know better to than to go shopping hungry but we were on a time crunch.
Long story short we picked up the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix. So what does one do when they pick this up… the decides to step the brown game up!
This is how the Brownie Fridge Cake came about and let me tell you, it’s going to be hard to not do this will all 6 brownie mixes in the box!
Now, I am not a by the book baker or cook. I just add and taste so I don’t typically have exact measurements but that’s also because you can’t mess these up.
Brownie Fridge Cake Recipe
Brownie Fridge Cake
Depending on what size cake you want the recipe may change but it's pretty easy to make it work from and 8X8 to a 13X9 you will just need a little more of everything.
- Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate brownie mix Or any brownie mix is Fine but this one is super good
- olive oil The amount will depend on brownie mix
- eggs The number of eggs will depend on brownie mix just add 1 more
- 2-4 tbsp Carmel Sauce Will depend on how much you want
- 3 oz Chocolate pudding mix
- 3 oz Vanilla pudding mix
- milk will depend on Pudding packages
- 1-1 1/2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Mix up the brownie mix per brownie pkg directions but add 1 extra egg. Bake brownies per pkg directions.
- While the brownies are done and coolingMix up the pudding by combining both the chocolate and vanilla and adding the amount of the milk the packages call for.
- Then make homemade whip cream.... I don't have an exact measurement but I do like 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream and 1 cup of powdered sugar with a splash of vanilla extract. Mix on high in a stand mixer or in a bowl with a mixer. I always taste the mixture just before it starts being whipped to make sure I like the cream to sugar ratio.
- Once everything is made it's time to assemble.
- Pour carmel sauce over the cooled brownies. Spread it around.
- Next top with the pudding mixture. You can be the judge if you want to use it all or not.
- Then top with the homemade whip cream. Again, use as much as you the baker wants!
- Feel free to garnish with chocolate shavings, or Carmel and chocolate sauce. It doesn't need it but if you want to up the presentation these are good options.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to eat!!
Enjoy!! Please make sure to give me a follow over on Instagram and if you make this recipe tag #tuttlepartyof5!
Leave a Reply