Healthy alternative to a comforting soup
Day 10 of whole30 I was ready for a recipe that we could get a couple meals out of. If you have done whole30 you know that you spend a lot of time in the kitchen prepping, making, and cleaning it up. So, it’s nice to have a recipe that you can get a few meals out of.
This recipe I kind of went by the seat of my pants on and it turned out so good I decided to share!
- 2-3lbs of ground beef (could substitute with ground turkey or whatever ground meat you prefer that works with your meal plan)
- 2 cans (14.5oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cans (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2- 4 cups beef broth (whatever is compliant with your meal plan and depends on consistency you like your soup)
- 10oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- Parsley, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and anything else you like to season with.
How to make…
- Brown and chop ground beef
- While beef is browning in a blender dump 1 or both cans of fire roasted tomatoes (it’s up to you if you like chunks of tomato or not), kosher salt, and minced garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Drain grease from ground beef
- Add puréed tomato from blender to the ground beef
- Add in tomato sauce
- Add in beef broth
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes
- While soup is simmering chop/dice onion and bell peppers.
- Add to soup and let simmer for 20-30 minutes until veggies are soft
- Season with salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano, and whatever other seasons you like
- Add in frozen cauliflower rice and let simmer until its soft.
This soup is super easy to make and can simmer as long as you want. It’s also great reheated.
I like a little heat so I would top mine with a few dashes of hot sauce too!
What’s your favorite soup?!?
Ps I am not a trained chef if you couldn’t tell from my recipe.