I am a sucker for savory salty goodness! I grew up with my mom making a chex mix that you could snack on for days! Now that I am a mom I find myself making chex Mix anytime we are having people over. It is somewhat similar to the same chex mix I grew up eating but I have made some changes that people really seem to like. It never fails that every time I make it, someone is asking for my recipe.
The recipe?!?! This question would always make me laugh because I honestly didn’t have one. I could tell them the ingredients and a rough estimate of each but beyond that it was a guess for me and them. So I finally took the whole extra 2 minutes while making a batch to really measure it out…kind of.
Chex Party Mix
- Chex Cereal rice and/or corn
- Bugles big old party size bag 14.5oz
- Goldfish or Cheez-its
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Worcestershire Sauce Must be Lea & Perrins
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Season Salt
- 2 13X9 tinfoil pans
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Fill Both 13X9 pans with the big bag of bugles divided in the 2 pans. Then add the Chex, Goldfish or Cheez-its, and Honey Nut Cheerios to fill the pans. Fill them up as full as you can but still able to mix it up.
- In a glass dish melt 2 stick of butter. Add 2 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder, 2 Tablespoon of Onion Powder, 1 Tablespoon of Season Salt, and 1/2 a cup of Worcestershire Sauce. Mix it all up
- Pour over the cerel bugle mix and make sure to really mix it all up to coat almost every piece. This is key the better everything is coated with the buttery goodness the better the chex mix will be!
- Put both pans in the oven. This will slow cook for 1 hour but you will need to mix it up every 15 minutes